" Thou comest to me with a sword and a spear and a shield, but I come to thee in the name of the L-rd of Hosts, the G-d of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast humiliated..." (I Samuel, 17:45-47)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reflections on Sukkot in Israel

My first Sukkot in Israel with my wife and baby has been surreal. After 31 years of homelessness in the wilderness of the American exile, I have finally returned home. I recognize that there are many problems in Israel. Read my blog posts, past, present, and future. Here is one angry Jew with a fist who gets it. I welcome the challenges of the Holy Land.

But at this moment, as the hour grows late, I would just like to take a step back and thank the Almighty for this blessing. I am home and I will never leave. Thank you, Hakadosh Baruch Hu.

Chag Sameach to Klal Yisroel.
Am Yisroel Chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'm interested in your comments.