" Thou comest to me with a sword and a spear and a shield, but I come to thee in the name of the L-rd of Hosts, the G-d of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast humiliated..." (I Samuel, 17:45-47)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Soldier of Israel: Protect your Eyes!

Judaism: "If one comes to slay you, slay him first!"

Shtetl'ism: "If a crazed Arab woman tries to burn out your eyeballs with toxic acid, put on a good pair of goggles.Similiarly, if an Arab tries to bury a hatchet in your head, try to wound him in the knee."

Leave it to Israel to think of novel ways to combat terror. I just read that all soldiers stationed at the Hawara checkpoint will now be issued goggles. (It's nice to know that the government is thinking of them.) Call me crazy, but when there are spitting cobras in the house, you don't put on a pair of goggles. You get rid of the snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'm interested in your comments.