" Thou comest to me with a sword and a spear and a shield, but I come to thee in the name of the L-rd of Hosts, the G-d of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast humiliated..." (I Samuel, 17:45-47)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Real Chanukah Treat

Sometimes we get the gift we want on Chanukah, or at least one of the items on our "wish list". I'm easy to please.  I wanted what I want every day. Vengeance for Jewish blood in the mold of the Maccabees. So when I read after Shabbat that Israel finally removed the fethers of havlagah and retaliated in Gaza, I felt a happiness that I hadn't known in a long time.  When I read that there were 200 fewer rabid Arab Amalekite dogs on this earth, I shepped the kind of Jewish nachas that make a truly memorable Chanukah. Kol Hakavod to the fighters of Israel who showed that when they are not shackled by the Hellenists who run the country, the true army of G-d can still spread devastation. Let the fire continue not for eight days, but for however long it takes to entirely purge Gaza of its vermin. And when  the stench of rotting rodent eventually dissipates, we must demand that the government atone for the sin that was done to the Jews of Gaza, by rebuilding their homes and bringing them home. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the fireworks. 

Chanukah Sameach &
Am Yisroel Chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'm interested in your comments.