" Thou comest to me with a sword and a spear and a shield, but I come to thee in the name of the L-rd of Hosts, the G-d of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast humiliated..." (I Samuel, 17:45-47)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Disenfranchised in the Holy Land.

The freak show of Israeli elections has returned. So many versions of sick and sicker.The standard litter of criminals, Bolsheviks and traitors. The same collection of religious prostitutes whoring themselves for graft, shilling for Arab votes. Kipot wearing eunuchs on all ends of the spectrum. Tree-huggers. The Yevsektsia. And of course, Arab parties committed to Israel's destruction.

Searching for unadulterated Jewish truth? You're not going to find it today. To be sure there are a few religious "saviors" out there. The Moshe Feiglin Show for example. (Zo Artzenu was a long time ago.) Feiglin's well intended but disasterously naive love affair with Likud is frightening. He babbles about rehabilitating a mythical Likud that exists only in his own head. It is clear that Feiglin doesn't know history. No one gives away land with greater efficiency than Likud. In his quest to appear mainstream, Feiglin is helping Bibi get a second crack at killing the country.

Nor am I impressed with Ichud Leumi, the best of the options out there. I have scoured their platform, and they have nothing to say to me. They don't even hint at "transfer". There is no mention in their platform of a campaign to legalize the voice of disenfranchised Jews. They speak of the Temple Mount but not of the necessity of transferring the mosque off of the Temple Mount? Ichud Leumi does not pass the litmus test to get my vote. I'd rather support a candidate with courage who speaks "uncomfortable truths" at the cost of his political life, and gets banned repeatedly from the Knesset. Better a conscience and zero seats in the Knesset, than kipot wearing politicians who evade the key issues. Until someone stands up and speaks the Torah truth, I will abstain from voting.

(There are many Jews who are falling for Avigdor Lieberman, a dangerous anti-Torah fraud who occasionally drops terms like "transfer" in order to appear right-wing. Lieberman has no intention of carrying out such a program. He will chop up Israel like the the rest of them, and in the process ensure the creation of a "palestinian" state. Lieberman will also ensure that the Law of Return is amended, so that anyone who shtupped a Jew or is the grandson of someone who shtupped a Jew can enjoy the benefits of the Law of Return.)

I'm sick and tried of people who tell me that I have to vote, that I have an obligation to pick the best of the worst, the proverbial "lesser of the evils". I disagree. The best of the worst is no way for a religious Jew to vote. I want to vote. I cannot vote. I have been disenfranchised, just like blacks in the U.S. were disenfranchised. They were prevented with the noose. I and others like me are prevented because the Bolsheviks decided that free speech doesn't apply to Jews who really love the country. As evidenced by the Supreme Court's recent decision, Jew hating Arabs still have more rights than some Jews. So instead of voting away my principles, I do my civic duty (my Jewish duty!) and blog about the problem. Until my basic rights are upheld, I am forced to advocate for change in a different arena.

There are those who think that Ichud Leumi is the solution. To them I say do what you think you have to do. I'm not going to tell them not to vote. But I've made my decision. As the Rav noted, "zu n'veilah, v'zu treifah". Die now or die tomorrow. It is an impossible position to pick a bullet for one's execution.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'm interested in your comments.